Saturday, May 14, 2011

Russian Museum

Yesterday, we had our schedules changed to a higher level, which meant our group has class on Saturdays! So early this morning, while everyone else was sleeping, Sarah and I joined our new group (#38). However, we’re going to try to switch back to our old group on Monday, because even though they may not speak as well, we think they are at a higher grammar level. I’m happy to switch back though, because I already miss the people from our old class.

Following our lessons, we walked to a café off Nevsky Prospect and ate some pirojki (I had vegetable and apple pies)! On the way, as luck would have it, we ran into some sort of talent competition which had something to do with the 2014 Olympics (which Russia will be hosting). They had dancers and singers, but the coolest thing was they had some sort of race going on! I have no idea how far they ran, but it was still fun watching!
Front Runner
After wandering around for a bit, we explored the Russian Museum, which was INCREDIBLE!!! I probably could have spent more than an hour in each room! But now that my mind is thoroughly saturated by all the beautiful works of art, I’m wondering how I can even face the hermitage…I might just explode from too many masterpieces!
Russian Museum: Even the building was amazing!

When the museum closed, we decided to reward ourselves with pishki, which may be the death of me. They’re only 11 rubles per a pishka, so it’s a little too easy to go overboard… If y’all see a big round thing powdered with sugar rolling around in a couple weeks, it’ll be me…

We’re going to try to find a way to the Czar’s summer palace tomorrow, and regardless of whether or not we make it, I’m sure it’ll be an adventure. Also, if y’all want a dose of Italian, check out Ann Ratliff’s blog as she spends the summer in Italy! http://lostinitaly.tumblr.com/ Have fun, Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment