Sunday, May 8, 2011

And we're off!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Ack! I can’t believe I’m already going to Russia!!! Like, I literally can’t believe it. I pulled the first all-nighter of my college career last night, and I feel as though any moment I’ll nod off and wake up in my room again. At least I’m finished with finals though, and hopefully I’ll eventually get to Russia and realize there’s no turning back.

I had to say all my farewells yesterday. I spoke to my family and saw some of my team for the final time this season. I love them all so much and can’t believe half of them are graduating!! I’m going to miss them! I’m also definitely going to miss my daily dose of Ducky (aka Arielle), as she’s leaving Rhodes for a whole semester to go on European studies…*WAIL**

Despite the goodbyes, though, I’m still excited about my travels. Right now, I’m in the Chicago airport. I’ve got a nice long layover, and now that my belly is filled with hot chocolate and a blueberry bagel, I’ve got plenty of time to people watch. I’ve already seen several Russians pass through this gate. One was a group of young people, who I believe worked for National Geographic. They had an adorable little girl who entertained me with her singing. I’ve also been ease dropping on a Russian pair behind me. However, all I keep getting is “Ne budu… computer… professor… dictam.” Unfortunately, I think this is an indicator that I need to brush up on my Russian. Although I was planning on reading my Russian textbook in the airport, I’m exhausted, so I guess I’ll just hope living in the Russian language isn’t too brutal of a shock.

I’m going to call the fam one final time before Boston, but I’ll keep the updates coming! Special thanks to my fabulous roomie, Jo, for getting up at 4:15 to drive me to the airport!! Jo, you’re the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment